Re: [FWDLK] Rack and pinion steering?

Jimmy Rawa has a 58 Belv he bought with a Rack & Pinion set up in it,I'm not really impressed with it,he wants to switch it back to a steering box.If I felt I needed to change the steering characteristics in one of these cars I'd subframe it with an early 70's c-body or put a Diplomat transverse torsion bar set up in it.I worked in a shop building rods for a while and all of the mustang front end cars we built drove like crap compared to the cars we put Camaro sub frames in.I think the Mustang set up is way over rated.
Adam Lindenbaum
57 Savoy Kustom
58 426 Hemi/4 Speed Fury