[FWDLK] Rocker drain holes

Joey.
(Your AOL address would not let me reply to you directly...)
Yes I should add this information to the webpage, as a lot of people seem to end up with repro
rockers, with no drain holes. I guess that makes ya buy more repro rocker panels when they rust out,
huh?!
This information has been obtained from various friendly Plymouth owners who own unmolested cars,
and is guaranteed 100% correct.
This information is correct for a 2 door 57 Plymouth.
Glenn.
57 Fury.

One 3/4in hole, centerline located 6 3/4 inches back from the rocker panel seam under the front of
the door, and outboard 15/16th inch from the flange. Four 1/2 inch holes with centerlines located 20
5/8, 34 3/4, 48 3/4, and 62 3/4 back from the seam, and outboard 7/8 inches from the flange. Now
here's the tricky part - on the 1/2 inch holes, the metal in front of the holes is deflected down,
presumably to avoid water from the wheels splashing in.  The deflected metal is a little hard to
describe, but I'll try.  Starting 1/2 inch ahead of the hole the metal is deformed downward in a
straight line until it is 3/16 inch below contour at the hole.  It's like a rod about 3/8th inch was
pressed against a die to make this shape.  It's also a little odd in that the deflected shape
doesn't really line up with the hole centerline.  It meets the edge of the hole at the outboard side
of the hole, but because its  a 3/8 inch "trough" it doesn't go inboard all the way to the inboard
edge of the hole. The first hole, the 3/4 inch one, does not have this deflected metal, just a
simple drilled hole.

Joey Ramirez wrote:

   I started to work on my car as soon as it arrived at my home.  It been out in the weather for
about a year before I at least built my
  carport.  All this time it was subject to the weather.  During this time I used Gray Duplicolor
Primer.  Over time like clock work a
  week after the rain rust started to become visible.  So then I started using Red Duplicolor
Etching Primer.  This stuff had better
  protection it took me about 2 coats and I was good to move on.  The Gray primer I would coat a
part around 4 times and time after
  time surface rust appeared.  For those members out there I recommend using this Self Etching
Primer to buy you some time.
  Rocker Panels: I bought some rocker panels from the INFAMOUS JC WHITNEY!  LOL!!!  I am very
satisfied with them.  They fit
  right on the money.  There is just one problem there are no drain holes for the rain water to go
thru.  Any one out there know the
  hole size they are supposed be?  Hole distance?  Anyone out there know how to install a drip rail
behind the rocker panels?
  Furyworld v5.0 - '57 Resto: Page 1  Greg speaks of the drain pipe on page 5.  Anyone make inner
rocker panels?  HAPPY
  HOLIDAYS!THANKS FOR THE GREAT YEAR!  JoeyDickinson, Texas1957 Plymouth