Re: [FWDLK] Wavey, Wavey Rockers...

The number does not exist because you are looking at American books :

LD3W :
L - 1958
D - Dodge
3 - Custom Royal
W - Windsor assembly plant

And the engine is correct.  As I wrote the seller to correct him, being a
Canadian 1958 Dodge Custom Royal, it has a 354-cid poly V8.  No
Canadian-built Chryco car used the B block in 1958 - they used either the A
block or the 354 poly.

LD3V-8394C

is a correct Canadian engine number.  All 354 poly engines were in the same
consecutive engine number (1001 and up), with a "C" at the end for Canada
and the "V" for V8.  The prefix changed, being "LD3" for Dodge Custom Royal,
"LS2" for DeSoto Firedome or "LC2" for Chrysler Windsor, the only models of
those cars built in Canada.   The other 2 cars lines built in Canada were
Plymouth (LP1 and LP2) and the Plymouth-based Dodge (LE1 and LE2).

He is incorrect about the colour, though.  "XTT" is X - Dover White (roof)
with T - Medallion Maroon Metallic on the body.

I have written a book listing Canadian models, prices, weights, serial
numbers, colours, etc.   This will help fill the gap concerning Canadian
vehicles.  It should be on the bookshelves later this year.

Bill
Vancouver, BC