Re: [FWDLK] Wavey, Wavey Rockers...

Hey, Bill; my 58 Canadian Dodge borchure, the "Big Bold Beautiful Dodge
58" (DD582) says NOTHING about an optional engine (i.e., 4-bbl
carb/dual-exhaust ) package , and the 'correct'  Royal
upholstery-pattern looks nothing like what the 'restorers' have 'done' .
The upholstery cloth is only supposed to extend about 1/2 way up the
seat backs, not all-the-way-up (& over?) the seats. like the U.S. model,
altho the Canadian CRL convertible shares the U.S. seat upholstery.

I can't recall if "they " are installed on both sides of the car, but,
at least one side has a 58 Regal Lancer (black-faced) "shield emblem",
and, as
Jim Hoekendyke pointed out to me, the shop's
'trademark' may be in installing the shield emblems with the
"knight's-heads" facing BACKWARDS.

Roger Van Hoy mentioned, yesterday, that he thought I/we were being
harsh in criticising this
(& their earier all-black CRL D500 covie).

My response is that this car, and the black car
[which came w/a white vinyl top, originally] were being mis-represented,
to varying degrees, by their seller, regarding  their
restoration-authenticity,  and that it is very  educational, for  this
List, to see and understand what "correctness/legitimacy" really is, in
relation to what is being claimed, or advertised.

Caveat Emptor is NOT a 'sport'.

Neil Vedder