Re: [FWDLK] Mufflers

Most of these mufflers use the generic name of "California Turbos". Ask
your shop for that kind of muffler, and if they usually do street
exhausts, they'll know what you want.
Ray Jones in Mena, AR
On Jan 10, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Lou Cortese wrote:

Hey,everyone:The exhaust system on my 58'Belvedere is crumbling after
22
years of sounding good so it's time for a new one.It was bent and
installed
by a "Superior Muffler" shop in nearby Wilmington, Delaware.Now for my
problem.
Superior Muffler went out of business a while ago even though some
shops
still use the name.The mufflers they installed were the best sounding
units
I've ever heard. Mellow at idle and throaty at power without being
obnoxious. I liked them so much, I had a pair put on my 64'Fairlane,
too.
Muffler shops in the area don't recognize the numbers on them, so it
looks
like I have to find another brand of muffler. Can anyone recomend a
muffler
with the qualities I've mentioned?
Thanks all
Lou Cortese.