Re: [FWDLK] PS and PB on Furys

The 57 Fury was available with 3 on the tree standard transmission but the superior Torqueflite automatic was generally considered faster. Ever try to speed shift a column shift? Not much available for floor shift conversions back in those pre Hurst days. Recently saw a 57 or 8 300 that had been converted to a LaSalle floor shift trans on Ebay. I don't know if this would make much difference. Dick W.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 1:10 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] PS and PB on Furys

Hey list,  I was looking at the recently completed auction on ebay for the '58 Fury in Missouri that did not meet reserve (high bid $15K).  One of the questions posed to this seller was whether or not his car came with PS and PB.  He replied that he thought ALL early Furys came with them.

My '57 Fury does not have PS or PB.  My build sheet indicates my car never did have them.  Does anyone have any theories on what percentage of '56 to '58 Furys had these two options, and why a new Fury buyer would or would not want them?

All along I've kinda thought my Fury came without these two items because the original owner didn't want the extra weight to slow him down off the line when lining up alongside a Corvette or Tbird. . .or a 300!  But then again, my '57 has a Torqueflite, and don't they weigh more than the standard trans?  Could you get a new '57 Fury with a standard trans??

Mark   mjh
'57 Fury
'57 Savoy 2d post with O/D
'61 De Soto 4D