Re: [FWDLK] Foward Look Boats

I picked up a ’57 Herters Eldorado Rocket (gotta love that name) a couple years ago.  It needs a little refurbishing but plan on getting it behind my 59 Plymouth this summer. Putting a hitch on the car might be a problem.  I’m going to try and come up with a hitch where maybe I’ll have a removable tube receiver so hitch won’t be visible when not towing boat.    John Z

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lou
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 2:35 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Foward Look Boats

Those old finned fiberglass boats are cool.  For a couple years now I've been wanting to get one to tow behind my '59 Dodge.  There were a gazillion different ones built.   Some of those boat manufacturers obviously ripped off their designs from the auto companies...or vice versa??  That Sea Fury on ebay I always thought looks more like a '55 Pontiac with fins.
Check out  http://www.fiberglassics.com/  and especially these:

Rip off of the Imperial cars by Glass Craft:  http://www.fiberglassics.com/glasscraft/brochure.asp
Here are the model names:  Citation, Olympia, Sportster, Catalina, Nassau, IMPERIAL Holiday, IMPERIAL Riviera, IMPERIAL CROWN (You GOTTA see the hardtop roof on this:  its an Imperial alright! http://www.fiberglassics.com/glasscraft/glasscraftb59009.jpg

Rip off of the '59 Cadillac, done in 1957!! by the CADILLIC BOATcompany: (even their logo looks like GM's Cadillac script) Maybe Cadillac, teh car company actually got their fin design from the boat??
    http://www.fiberglassics.com/cadillac/brochure.asp

How about a '58 Thunderbird?  Check out the 1958 Glass Slipper:
 http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassslipper/glassslipperb58001.jpg

'60 Plymouth?  Behold the '58 Herters: http://www.fiberglassics.com/herters/herterss58004.jpg