Re: [FWDLK] Riding the Bullet

Judging by how many times my 57 Dodge was called anything BUT a 57 Dodge by
various onlookers, I'm willing to bet that MOST of the general public won't
notice a difference between a 58, 59, or 60 Plymouth (the big, bold letters
spelling out DODGE on the hood and trunk of my car, as well as Coronet on
the side didn't clue them in either).  In fact, they probably could've
thrown in different makes and years of cars in the movie and, as long as
they were all painted the same, many people probably wouldn't have noticed
the difference.

A lot of really stupid probably see Christine and remark how that was a fine
lookin' 57 Chevy used in the movie.

On a side note, I was watching an episode of The A-Team Season One on DVD
the other day (perhaps the best TV show ever) and the Dodge being used to
chase the A-Team remarkably turned into a 73 (maybe 74) Chevy for a couple
scenes, and then back to the Dodge (or perhaps a different Dodge) when it
came time to wreck the car.  I found it funny that they made such a drastic
switch, especially since the cars were so different looking (early 70s
Fullsize Chevy vs. mid-late 70s Dodge).

~Garrett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill K." <pontiac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 3:53 PM Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Riding the Bullet

They painted it so the top looks more like a '60 and use it for a crash
scene only -

website buried somewhere in the forums there is a couple pics showing the cars they used. (forwardlook.net) -

Bill K.