Re: [FWDLK] Riding the Bullet

That switching car thing is very common.   Police cars in Smokey & The
Bandit change from Dodge to Pontiac to older and much larger Dodge back and
forth.  One scene cuts to a close-up where one sherrif car backs into
another and in just that bit of a scene the car being hit becomes a 65
Mustang.  Sherrif Justace's car loses and gains body panels, in the second
one it transforms from '79 to '71 Pontiac back and forth too.  You could
probably start a whole thread on all the instances of cars changing back and
forth and other movie and TV continuity errors.

The Dukes of Hazzard was famous for this too, although it was less
noticeable with the fleet of '73-'78 Plymouths and Dodges for police cars.
In that show, you can also spot cars that get wrecked in one show and
apparently then fixed to re-use (and re-wreck) in another one.

On a closer to topic note, anyone noticed the new Mercedes commercial
featuring "the world's first 4-door coupe'?  They start with a 30's model,
cut to the next generation, then the 59 or so version, then a '70s or 80's
model, then the new one, all parked in the same location with a movie
theatre in the background.

Every car that passes in the background is a Mopar of some sort, correct to
the era of the Mercedes - one is a '61 Dodge, even the minivans and things
in the current day scene are recognizable as Chrysler products.   Which
makes sense and all, but what a lot of trouble for such a small detail - its
the exact opposite of the switching cars thing in TV and movies.

Bill K.