[FWDLK] Brakeline Tubing

   Up until about 15 years ago the alloy most commonly used for brake line tubing was steel. It was not corrosion resistant and some corrosion problems did result, but it was very economical. To eliminate the corrosion problem the steel tubing was coated with plastic. This added to the expense and was not a fool proof solution for the corrosion problem as with extended use the stones, etc would chip off the coating and the corrosion problem would be back.
    Stainless steel is the ultimate solution except it is too expensive to use in all but the top of the line cars where low cost is not critical.
     I would say the alloy of choice now is 90/10 Copper Nickel, an alloy commomly used in submarines because of it's corrosion resistant properties. It is also easier to work,it expands and bends easier, than either steel or stainless. I believe that many of the foreign cars now use this alloy for their brakelines. The appearance of 90/10 is the same as stainless or steel.
      It works good in my 58 Fury and looks just like the original.
                                 Jim Woomer