Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

Title: Message
You don't EVEN want to know what people go through with DeLoreans... But it's enough to fill several books.

Anyway...  The funniest story I've got is that an older gentleman with a southern accent approached me and my 1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 door hardtop at a show...  "Boy, why did you put Plymouth nameplates on a Cadillac?"  I assured him that it was indeed a Plymouth, but he refused to believe it.

"What you got here is a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado..."  Even showing him the owner's manual, dealer brochure, and service manual failed to convince him.  "I don't know what scam you're trying to pull, or for the life of me, why... But you sure have gone to a lot of trouble to convince people that your Cadillac is a Plymouth!"

At this point, I finally realized there would just be no arguing with the guy, when he ended the conversation by telling me that of course, I could never know much about these cars because I wasn't even born when they were produced.  =)

I also constantly get people arguing that they never made a DeSoto Seville... but that's another story as well.

-Dave