Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

Title: Message
I'll weigh in here with a different marque story.  I happen to like Corvairs (gasp!), and there is a world of people who know all about them, too.

It never ceases to amaze me all the people that had 4 cylinder Corvairs.  (The Corvair only had one engine and that was a 6.)  And again, it was everyone's dad, uncle, what have you, that had one just like it.  Some say, that's the car that flips over for no reason.  My response to that is, ya, mine flipped over in the garage last night, I had a heck of a time getting it back over.

The obligatory comment is always, that's the car that Ralph Nader got banned.  Again not true.  GM had decided to ax the Corvair because Mustangs were taking a lot of sales and they wanted to bring out the Camaro.  In fact, the Corvair hung on an extra 3 years because GM got so entangled with Ralph that they didn't want to seem to cave in to him, and kept producing the car so it wouldn't seem that he was right.

I recently bought a Rampside pickup.  Now I hear, they never made a Corvair pickup.  And, too, if I try to set people straight they get annoyed and want to argue.  After all, why would the owner of a vehicle know anything about his own vehicle?

Strange, I never get any weird comments when I'm out in my 68 Valiant.

Mike Clark
Stockbridge, Georgia