Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

I'm getting a real laugh out of most of these guys!  But I just HAD to contribute.  If you think owning one of these FL cars is tough, you should try owning something that EVERYBODY knows.  I have had several 1969 Dodge Charger's.  The last was a factory R-4 Red car.  I have heard everything from- "why'd ya paint it red?  Shouldn't it be orange?", "why did I remove the dixie flag and '01' from the sides?"  and my all time favorite- "Let's hear that Dixie Horn!"  I even got serenaded by a group of girls at a stop light once, when they started singing the Theme to the Dukes of Hazard! (not that I minded.)  When I sold it I was very carefull to sell it to someone who wasn't going to do the 'Dukes' treatment to it.  It happily resides in Michigan at the moment.

Anyway for FL content I will tell you guys the story my mother told me-
She worked for an insurance company here in Cincinnati in the early 1960's.  About 1960-61, she helped process a claim that involve a 1961 Crown Imperial.  Apparently a husband had purchased this Imperial as a gift for his wife, and had carefully backed it into the garage (which was attached to the house), closed the door and placed a large red bow on it.  When she came home from shopping?, etc,.., he lead her into the garage and presented it to her.  He then handed her the keys and told her to take it out of the garage, go to the bottom of the driveway (must have been a short driveway), turn right and go down to the gas station.  He gave her some money to pay for the gas and sent her off.  She promptly went to the end of the driveway, hit the 'R' button to turn right and promptly backed the car through the garage, through the back wall of the house and into the swimming pool in the back yard.
My mom said they got a good laugh out of it, there in the insurance office, so that is why she remembered it.  And yes they honored the claim and the wife got another Imperial.

So, anyway- enjoy your PlymoCadaDodgChevroDesotiac.

Charles.