Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY - odd factor

Re: [FWDLK] RED PLYMOUTH FURY - odd factor

I know you are correct, at least for me.
The odd-factor of our old cars is a lot
of their attraction.

I could tell lots of stories about when
I had a nice 1968 Camaro and would take
it to a cruise or a local show, and there
were tons of them there. That was not for me.

I was bugged when I would take my red
1959 vette somewhere and everyone wanted to
tell me about it. Hey! It is my car, but all
knew everything about them, and a lot of that
was incorrect. The best time was one old guy
that I let go on and on about my red Corvair.
The car was right there, and that did bug me.
I didn't say much, and let him go, and tried to
be polite. I'm getting older, too. I just hope
I don't go on and on about something I don't know.

My friends and I have gotten so bad that we
have started to encourage these guys, and even
mislead them, all acting as though we are in
agreement and sometimes sharing some "secret" information about the cars.

I miss my Kharmann Ghia. Nobody around here
knew what it was. I rebuilt a 1967 triumph GT6
and removed the emblems and leaded the holes.
No one knew what it was except my buddies. I
used to tell the local ford guys it was a
Ferrari. None of them called me on it.  LOL.

SO it might be partly our fault around here.

Tom                        southern Ohio
        some of my stuff:  1937 Dodge 2 Door
                           1937 DeSoto coupe
                           1937 Dodge pickup
                           1955 Dodge Coronet
                           1957 Dodge Coronet

>>> Robert Whitman <Robert.Whitman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/04/05 11:33 AM >>>
The old man I bought my car ('60 DeSoto) from knew nothing about it.  He
had it for several years and drove it around, so I would have thought he
would have known a thing or two about it.  He advertised it in the local
newspaper as a "1960 Dodge Desoda"  <snipo>