Re: [FWDLK] 58 Ply Power brake conversion

Re: [FWDLK] 58 Ply Power brake conversion

John it sounds like the rod from the Booster into the Master Cylinder
is not adjusted right, and there is a gap between the end of the
Booster rod and the piston in the Master. When you press the brake
pedal, it has to take up the slack, using pedal stroke. There is a
procedure to set this up, usually overlooked, and on many cars the rod
has an adjustment on it.  Check your service manual for the set up.
This is done each time you change the Master, as there are small
differences in Mfg and that changes the rod length.
To sum up,

Ray
Ray Jones, Mena, AR in the Ouachita Mountains in western Arkansas
Y'all com'on down and we'll sit ona porch and sip a few.