[FWDLK] DISK BRAKES ON A 56 DESOTO

Walter you asked for opinions so here goes!!!!!

       There is a major difference in 56 Chrysler Products with and without power brakes.
About 95% of us guys with older classic cars only drive them to shows and we shine them up and drive them sensibly and well within the speed limits so everybody passing us can check our car out and give us a smile, wave or a thumbs up.  Since we are not driving 75 or 80 miles an hour and doing it every day I feel disk brakes on a 56 DeSoto is not the greatest of ideas. I would concentrate more on power assisted brakes and a very good set of tires that really grip the road and don't break loose in a sudden stop. ( I swear by Michelin tires and always go one size bigger for more rubber on the road.)
         On the seat belts issue-------Lap belts are better than nothing, remember you have a nice solid heavy car not a modern day thin medal car with plastic chrome on it. That is why in the 50's they just pounded out the dents after most accidents and painted them again when they were damaged. Today most of the modern cars are junked after an accident unless they are only 1 to 3 years old.
          This is just my opinion, and some people will not agree with it but I am basing it on collecting and racing Chrysler Products since 1957 which includes cars like Plymouth Furys, DeSoto Adventures, and Chrysler 300s.
                                           Good luck what ever you decide on!!!!!

                                                  Ron Allyn Swartley

56 Fury (Stock)
56 Fury (Hemi-392)