[FWDLK] Gimme a BRAKE!!

Jeez, Rog, is 'this' my "cue", or what??

Computer- literate types can search for past threads, on brake-options,
for our cars, on this List, or on the 'main' FWDLK website-chatroom but,
"cutting-to-the chase", if anyone will contact Pearsonville (CA)
wrecking yard (on-line) , or in any other way (Desert Valley/Hidden
Valley yards, Moore's, etc, their "own" Pick-a-Parts yards) , they need
to find any 63 -64 Chrysler model car, for 11x3" Bendix Duo-Servo
brakes, and ANY late 60's non-compact MoPar, for the rear 11x 2 1/2"
Bendix brakes.

Once you locate good/turn-able drums, and the backing-plates & front
wheel spindles, there are relatively VERY-easy procedures to follow, in
mating them,  to our cars.

And YES, they have massive braking-effect.
And NO, you don't really need to locate the 'unobtanium' 11x3" REAR
brakes; I've got 'em on Horrie, & a recent examination of the linings
show virtually no-wear on them; the fronts provide  almost all the
brake-work.

I mentioned a Motor Trend road test, a few months ago, on a stripper 63
Chrysler (w/the 11x3" fronts & 11x 2 1/2 " rears) that, on skinney bias
plies, had braking that was virtually identical to a 2004(?) Ferd
performance truck.

So, step uno: find these brakes; step dos:
contact me & we'll talk about installing them (or, find my articles on
this subject, in the  back-issues of WPC News ["The Fix-It" issues] &
read all about it!!)

Neil Vedder