[FWDLK] studded snow tires

Hi,
    To answer the question I received about the stud in the snow tires in WI joke.   Apparently some of the list members are too young and from a part of the world/country that never heard of, or saw studded snow tires.  I am not sure of when studded snow tires were introduced, 50s early 60s, but snow tires, tires that had deeper more aggressive tread designs for better traction in snow , and mud,  had metal spikes or studs placed in the tread for better traction on ice.   These (studs) have since been outlawed in most states due to the damage they did to the highway surfaces.
    I do know for sure that some had been used on "Forwardlook" cars.
    I have also decided "NUTS" to the guy that ticked me off earlier, apologize for my tantrum, and will continue to be myself...on and off the WWW!
Thanks for the support!

Still smilin, John in WI