[FWDLK] Future to the BACK...

Ok, R-U guys sitting down???

In Re: "40 Years of Stock Car Racing (Vol 1)",
the highest-finishing, of the TWO all-mighty  1956 (D 500-1??) Dodges,
in/@ the 1957 Daytona 500 were   out-run by no-less than SIX 1957
(Hemi-powered ?) PLYMOUTHS.

The race was won by (soon to be Dodge racer/owner) Cotton Owens, in a
Poncho, which was owned by (soon to be Dodge car owner/preparer Ray
Nichels).

Anyway, The Plymmies ( I CAN say that, can't I ?) very-respectably
finished 10th, 14th, 17th, 20th, 28th, 29th.  The 1st Doggie , (#310,
driven by Joe Lee Johnson; owned by S.T. Campbell) finished 33rd, and
won $25.00 [NO mis-print ], then, the next PLY finished 38th, and 39th.
The 'last' (1956) Dodge won NO money, ( but is 'credited' w/a
51st-place; it was #81,driven by Bernie Hentges; owner not I.D.'ed); but
he nosed-out the last-placing PLY, #54, driven by Al Tasnandy, who also
got No dinero, for finishing 52nd, in Romero Geisi's car.

I all, there were 57 cars entered in that beach-front, and 2-lane
paved-road 160 mile race, involving 39  laps,  of 4.1 mile circuit, &
some of y'all are afraid of FREEWAY driving!!!!!

& guess what, no one was killed, using only LAP belts!!--but, they did
have roll bars.

Neil Vedder