[FWDLK] Fw: dash paint

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Bowers
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:57 PM
Subject: dash paint

Yeah, well..... the finish that I'm familiar with that I call "hammertone" isn't anything like what I'm trying to reproduce on the DeSoto.

I have tried to topcoat hammertone paints in the past to keep the texture under a correct color, and the topcoat mostly just gets the typical fisheye look to it, which to my eye looks more like a mistake, than something I would be actually trying to do.

Again, I haven't seen a Plymouth dash to really pay attention to what it's supposed to look like compared to the DeSoto.

Tim, well, duh!, I hope the Wally-World 'hammerstone' paint provides the
correct (I call it : "Dirty-Paint") scheme/texture--if it does, you're
home-free, all you gotta do is over-coat it, with the correct 'finish'
color.

Let us know, how that product 'works'.