[FWDLK] WARNING Fitting a new speaker in dash

[FWDLK] WARNING Fitting a new speaker in dash

After a long quest, I finally found the right 5x7 speaker to fit in
the dash of my '57 Dodge. At least, that's what I thought... It has
the mounting holes in the right position, and it's not one of these
new shiny colors, like metal flake blue or red, just good old plain
black.
At first, I couldn't get it positioned under the dash (I don't want it
mounted ON the dash), so I had to loosen the complete dash, to pull it
from the fire wall, which gave me enough clearance to position the
speaker under the hole in the dash.
After doing all that, I found out that it doesn't fit anyway, because
the magnet is to wide. It interferes with the lower part of the dash,
which is curved inwards....
How dumb can you be? I should have made these measurements to begin
with...
Thought I'd let you all know.

Jim Hoekendijk
'57 Dodge CRL D500 4dr