Re: [FWDLK] intake manifold restoration

In a message dated 2/28/2005 9:15:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, 6t4belvedere@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
WOW!  A factory installed valley pan!  I'm no expert but all I've ever seen
is fiberglass insulation stuffed under the intake to keep it cool.
Maybe someone in the past 47 years removed the intake and reinstalled it
with a valley pan.
Nope, that's the way they were when brand-shiny new!  think of how much money the factory saved by combining the gaskets with the valley pan.  No separate bolts and gaskets for the valley pan, fewer holes to drill and tap in the block and one part number instead of three!  Really a great idea, as far as I'm concerned.

Save a buck on an engine, build 30,000 engines and save $30,000!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI