Re: [FWDLK] Differential seals and wiring

Re: [FWDLK] Differential seals and wiring

Hey Kyle -

The shop manual will have wiring diagrams showing the gauge and color of all the wires in the harness. Most auto parts stores will have spools of wire in various gauges and colors. It's OK to use a higher gauge wire if the correct gauge is not available. For example, you can use a 16 ga wire if 18 ga is not available. Just a larger pipe for the current to flow thru. Do NOT use a smaller gauge if the correct one is not available. YES, it's a good idea to use same colored wire when rebuilding the harness. It makes solving electrical problems a lot easier. Also, avoid 'solderless' connectors--the ones where you crimp two pieces of wire together in a small metal conduit. I had a problem with flickering headlights that I couldn't solve until I unwrapped the electrical tape on the harness and realized that the previous owner had used one of these nasty things and the wires had come lose. I soldered the wires together and the problem disappeared.

Ron