Re: [FWDLK] Differential seals and wiring

You just need to remove the drive shaft,pinion yoke and the seal. Of course drain the differential down below the level of the seal and refill with the proper lube after. You will need a torque wrench with the capacity to torque the pinion nut back to the specification in the service manual. No other disassembly is needed. Dick
----- Original Message -----
From: kkleparek
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:54 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Differential seals and wiring

Hello list,

I need to replace the front (pinion) seal in my 56 Belvedere's differential.  My question is can I do this without taking the whole thing apart, and if not should I just replace all the seals and gaskets?  I've never had a diff. apart before, so I was just wondering.

Also, I know some of you have replaced your wiring (built your own harness) and I was wondering if you got special wires that were marked, or if you got a bunch of different colors, or if you just used red and black?  If you found marked or colored wire where did you find it, and if not how did you tell which wires go where when you go through holes or to the back of the car and stuff?  Also how do I tell what gauge wire I need?  Is there a guide that can measure how thick my existing wire is?

Thanks,
Kyle