[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] WIW-1962 Imperial Crown

[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] WIW-1962 Imperial Crown

Hi Brian,

It the engine is a 426 Wedge, then it’s not original.  Your car, correctly called an Imperial Crown*, came with a 6.8-liter 413 motor.  A total of 1,010 Crown 2-door Southamptons were made for 1962.  Verify that it is a Crown and not a Custom.  The first four digits of the VIN should be 9223, not 9123.

Unfortunately, despite their low numbers, Imperials are not as valued as other Chrysler makes (Plymouth, Dodge De Soto, or Chrysler).  A Crown 2-dr Southampton in very good condition still struggles to get $7,500.  Convertibles are usually under $12,500.  Parts are rare and can be costly when located.

Rich

*Crown Imperials were the Ghia-built limousine.  None were built for 1962.