Re: [FWDLK] Gas Tank Leak

Hi Dick,

You (probably) need what I am going to do in a day or two here, send your fuel sender in for a 'rebuild', they always go bad
in older cars when the resistance element starts to detiorate from condensation and wear.  I have addresses of a couple
places that do it for $85-115, 2days to 2 weeks+ turn around time, I think it is www.autoinstruments.com may be the $115.
one?  Check in hemmings motor news, www.hemmings.com

And you usually just use a big punch and a hammer (or a screwdriver and a hammer!), the hard part is keeping the o-ring
stuck in the right place . . .   Before you take it out, just check the gauge circuit by grounding the (brown?) wire to the sender.

have fun!

Bob Moore
'58 Dodge Sierra KD500-1

On         Sat, 19 Mar 2005 08:09 , Dick Skinner <dickskinner.ma@xxxxxxxxxxx> sent: