Re: [FWDLK] auction fever

A 59 Ply Station-wagon sales Book was the item.

You don't set the process to do anything. You bid high and eBay shows the bid as the next higher amount, regardless of your bid amount..

If the item is $25, and you (A) bid $50, the item page will show $26. It's not known how much you bid. The next guy (B) will bid say, $30. and it will show that he has been outbid, and the next bid must be for $31. Remember, the earliest bid for the same amount wins. So, the $30 bid by B is replaced by the earlier bid of A. No knowing what A bid, B rebids $35, and is outbid again. This continues until B finally bids more than $50. That's why you see the same person bidding more and more. You have to see what time/date the bids were made. Also note that the bids are minutes apart. He bid, saw he was outbid, bid again. Some times the highest bid was days before anyone else bids. It will look like someone is just running up the bid, but they're bidding against an earlier, higher bid.

Buy it Now stops all this. Seller sets the start price at what he wants and the Buy it Now price at some higher amount. Now you just decide if it's worth the Buy it Now price to you and bid accordingly. The Buy it Now price can be exceeded. I just sold an item for $400. I listed it at $350 with a Buy it Now price of $385. The first guy bid $385. He didn't use the Buy it Now button so it was a regular bid. That turned off the Buy it Now feature, and he got out bid by guy 2 for $400. Fine with me!!

Ray