[FWDLK] Title replacement

I was searching for information on an old truck I am working on and saw this information on getting a title replacement that someone was asking about recently.
I just bought a truck but it has no title OR I want to buy a truck but there is no title, what can I do?
If you go to an insurance agent, you can get a title using a "title bond." The bond is basically a policy based on the value of the car. It insures your title against the possible "real owner" showing up with the title. After 2 years (more or less depending on state), your title is secure against claims because the state now considers yours the only title. This method is usually cheaper than finding a title company because they have to do title searches.
I hope it helps someone get a legal title for their vehicle.
John in Wilbur, Washington