Re: [FWDLK] Title replacement

I had no title for either of my vehicles, but I used a different approach that may also work for you.  In one instance I used a State of Mass. regulation that allows an abandoned vehicle to be retitled upon the fulfillment of certain requirements that include a letter from the seller indicating that it has been abandoned for x number of years.  The local police then have to come to verify that a VIN is there. They also run a check to verify that the vehicle is not stolen.  The State then issues a new title.

The second method was similar except that the original owner wrote a letter stating that the original title was lost.  The State issued a replacement title to him, but because the VIN was not recorded by the state for that vehicle year (not required at the time), the police also had to reverify the VIN and the not-stolen issues.

Dick Skinner
1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban
1953 Maxim Pumper Fire Truck