Re: [FWDLK] Anyone a-door their windows'....

Re: [FWDLK] Anyone a-door their windows'....

Glenn Barratt wrote (I don't think he c.c.'ed the List) to say that he
blames the 'sticky' operation of the rear 1/4 window operation on the
physical dimensions of the roof rail weatherstrip.

He also identified the location of the rear 'channel' that Ron Waters
mentioned. I think I played with "Ron's" nylon-channel-piece, as I've
pretty-well examined & adjusted "all" of the miscellaneous pieces that
control the operation of those windows.

As I said before, my dad's CRL 2-dr had 'sticky' windows, but, like lack
of A/C & seatbelts, and a non-padded rear seat [whose-middle, over-the-
driveline section was a real thrill, for my maternal grandmother], was
just something we learned to live with(out).

In addition to cutting-out a section of the roof rail's 'ceiling', I've
also applied silicone lubricant to the rrof-rail's "ceiling"----all of
this has helped, but I still need to pull the leading edge of the rear
windows, in order to close them, fully.

The windows work FINE, without the roof rail weatherstrip installed,
but, I guess that's not an option".
Neil Vedder