[FWDLK] Slip-sliding AWAY....!

Well, I just came back from Kay-Merck, after buying 9 qts (18 pts) of
their Quaker State Dexron III  ATF.

K-M also sells  the Quaker State :"ATF +3".

The Dexron states that it's 'for' chebbies & ferds
; the "+3" states that it's for "Most Chryco's", BUT IIRC, the +3 stuff
also mentions "transaxles" and Mitsucrapshoots & (the dreaded)
Hun-days).

So, it would "appear" that the afore-mentioned  : " 7176 fluid"  MIGHT ,
in fact, be the +3 stuff.

Anyway, I'm sure I've used Dexron in H., before, & he's still shifting
great.

I "know" that Type F fluid (dedicated-Ferd-stuff)
is too-abrasive, for prolonged use in our cars, altho the "F" does
produce 'hardish/firm' shifts.

I was, also, on  'general-principle' going to install Trans-X, but Dave
Homstad said that the "X" would be too powerful, in softening seals,
that don't need softening-up.  My local parts-house said that they
prefer Lucas' trannie-seal, to Trans-X, but I've got a friend (sure,
one) who swears-by the Trans-X.

Neil Vedder