[FWDLK] Back from Mopars Unlimited Seattle

[FWDLK] Back from Mopars Unlimited Seattle

Title: Back from Mopars Unlimited Seattle
Just got back from the Annual Mopars Unlimited event in Seattle/Bellevue/Bremerton, WA.

I am astounded by the number of Chrysler products that are roaming the street and drag strips of the Pacific Northwest.  The drag/bracket racing at Bremerton on Saturday kept me there until 6:30 PM to see who would win the Sportsman class.  Came down to a .02 second breakout loss by a Canadian from Duncan, BC, Canada.  He was running a 72 Plymouth Sport Fury 318 ci dual carb.

While it was exciting to see the number of Mopar cars that were shown on the Sunday at the Bellevue Community College grounds, it was disappointing to see only a handful of ForwardLook cars there.  There had to be 200-250 Mopars there registered for the show, plus if you walked the parking lot areas there were dozens more.  The predominance was late 60, early 70’s Mopar muscle cars.  I made a comment to my daughter that if on the stroke of noon, they had fired up all the cars there that it would register on the earthquake monitors.

There was only one 56 Dodge Coronet, one 58 Dodge Custom Royal (mint), and a couple of other ForwardLook cars represented.  Probably less than an dozen.  A comment made by a local ForwardLook owner was that years ago the show had dozens of late 50’s early 60’s cars.  Where are all our cars?  We should be registering for these kind of shows even though we do not have a trophy-winning car.  We have to keep our era represented and not be sidelined by to Mopar muscle cars.

My opinion, yours is welcome.

Bill Hughes
Vancouver, B.C.