[FWDLK] Old plymouth V8's

I was thinking about this while removing that hard to get to bolt I mentioned the other day.
Is it possible to put something together and not be able to take it apart (no gluing or welding)?

Anyway, back to 1956...
I need a resource to find out what engine I have. Anyone know of a reliable source?
What V8 engines were available in a 1956 Plymouth Plaza and what were their brake HP outputs?
My service manual states "the 157, 167, and 180 hp engines have a serial # on the top left front of the block. The 187 and 200 hp engines have serial # on the left front face of the block", which is where mine is. Serial number P29 188000. Manual also states there were two P29 options; a 270 and 277 with 180 and 187 hp, respectively. So, the 270 is a P29 with serial # on the top left front of the block and has 180 HP. The 277 is also a P29 with 187 hp and serial # on the left front face of the block. What happened to the 200 hp engine? What is it and how is it distinguished from the 277 (187 hp)?
Thanks everyone.
Matt

Matt Proske