[FWDLK] Rattlin on 'bout Diamondbacks (agin)

[FWDLK] Rattlin on 'bout Diamondbacks (agin)

Well,  I got the Diamonback tires, which were the virtually unanimous
recommendation, from all y'all, & had them be installed, today, &
couldn't be HAPPIER, with them, looks-and-performance-wize!!

I took before-and-after pics, of Horace, so if anyone (beyond the ones
who've already requested the shots) want to see them, please write to my
office confuser, & I'll 'Reply' , with the pics:

                esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx
The former P225/75R14 "Tempra"-brand  2"  wide white- wall tires, look
relatively tiny, in comparison, to the  the 2 1/4" wide  235/75R14
'Backs, which carry no side-wall identification (at least, on their
outboard-sides; I didn't  'check' on the black-wall side, because they
were so well 'tandem-wrapped', for shipment; I had the tire shop un-wrap
them) .

The 'Backs, and 235-series Cokers, really look "right" ;  I I just kept
standing back, & staring at the car, like I'd never seen it, before.

The 235's also make the car stand higher, especially @ the rear, so, if
your car is sitting a little bit low, in the caboose, these tires should
elevate it, some. My pics WILL show an increase in ride height. He
really looks "alert", "on-point", and light on his 'feet', now.

The other tires, for whatever reason, seemed to "plow" into corners, and
felt like they were rolling- under, the suspension. These guys seem to
travel right-over a turn, with less suspension movement.

One guy asked me to find out how much balance weight the wheels
required. I had the weights all be installed on the inside of the rims,
but the installer praised the tire construction, for roundness, & the
most weight that only one wheel required was 1/4 oz, which, reportedly,
was within "spec", for the wheels.

I also had the shop check the rims, for any stress-cracking, from
radial-usage (over the past 16+ years) & the shop said that the wheels
all looked fine.

I paid [IIRC] $50.00 extra  for a black-band to be put between the white
wall, & the inner circumference (to approximate the appearance of OEM) ;
the black band extends out 1/4"  between  the wheel rim , & the white
wall, so it's barely-visible. If you have a "colored" wheel rim, I'd
probably forego this expense, but, for a white-rim, ANYTHING would be
good,  to break-up the "Gansta" white-wall look.

I'm, NOT trying to take credit for 'discovering' the Diamondbacks, just
re-enforcing the comments I received, in recommending them.

BTW, with shipping, they cost something like $793.00, so, if they 'last'
the 8-years, that the other 3 sets of Horrie's  tires 'did', then,
they'll cost about $100.00/year, or $8-bux/mo., or $2.00/week, or
$.30/day....

I'd hate to think what this hobby 'costs', on a "miles-driven" basis.

Finally, & what I WILL take credit for: the Jag "XJ"  fan clutch
continues "to amaze"  me, in how much of a noise-reduction improvement
it is. I haven't taken a trip, to find out how much MPG improvement, it
will provide, but the "Urban-Myth(??) is that the viscous clutch might
'save' 6-10 H.P. .  It IS  sweet, and, these clutches are readily
available, for about $45.00.

Neil Vedder