From: "Greg Filtz" <filtz1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] steering box

Group,

The steering on my 56 Dodge has a lot of play in it.    I realize that
the bias bly tires will cause the car to wonder about.  I also realize
that this is any old car and that it will not steer like a new car.  I
have at least 3-4 inches of play in the steering wheel going straight
down the road.   To correct this, how do I determine if I need to
rebuild the front suspension or if I need a steering box rebuild?   If I
need a rebuild, any suggestions on where I would find one?

Greg in WI
56 Dodge Royal Lancer