Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:56 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Paint Removal - ForwardLook Cars

I was planning to remove the paint on a Challenger that I plan to sell, as the paint is chipping off in spots (poor prep?), and the guy I bought it from said to forget the chemical stripper, and just use a paint scraper (single-edge razor blade type).  Works great.  I am very, very surprised.

My question is, will it work as well on the ForwardLook cars I have that also need stripped?  Both are basically solid, but have the chips here, there, everywhere that are a real pain to sand down, treat the rust where it has chipped and been exposed to the weather,  and repaint.  I think the paint work will look better with a full strip.

Are the factory paints on the ForwardLook cars a type that will strip easily?  Has anyone ever stripped a car with a razor-blade paint stripper?

Larry (Akron, Ohio)