Re: [FWDLK] Sittin in a rocking CHAIR.....

Re: [FWDLK] Sittin in a rocking CHAIR.....

Hi Charles, & Mike, List, I don't know about the return-springs, that
Mike describes, but, I'm interested in installing a simple seat locking
mechanism.

I'm well aware of the 70's push-button seat release, but, in addition to
the locking-mechanism, there needs to be installed that push-button,
that also, undoubtably, needs some sort of
mounting-support-reinforcement to be built into the seat back.

If the seat frame(s) will interchange with our cars (anybody know if
2-dr B-Bodys = Our-Cars?) a simple seat-swap would 'work-out fine, but I
doubt that ANYTHING I can think up is ever easy, or cheap.

I still like the mindboggling simplicity of the late-60's seat locking
system, for our cars.

The seat-back push-button seat-release system was undoubtably designed
to make exit/entry "easier", but our cars are so arduous, and you gotta
bend-down anyway, you might as well release the seat, while you're
'down' there.

Neil