Re: [FWDLK] Anyone know of any good antique auto appraisers in NY?

Re: [FWDLK] Anyone know of any good antique auto appraisers in NY?

Ahem... the specialty companies [such as MetLife which is brokered by Condon-Skelly, which is an agent, not a company] will also look at actual cash value on their stated value policies.

In other words you can't insure your $25,000 car for a million and make a windfall. They're going to expect you to be within the fairly broad range of old car values.

Also, if you've grossly undervalued your collector car and suffer a partial loss, you may be faced with only a partial payment. For example, if your car is worth $50K and you only have it insured for $25K and you suffer $2,500 damage you may only collect $1,250.

But if you're in the ballpark you'll have less hassle if you've agreed on a value, like the CA guy in a recent Hemmings Classic Car who was barred from getting his cars out of a fire zone and they all burned up. [Some were uninsured]

The moral of the story:

[1] Insurance companies are crooks [?!??];
[2] Be honest about the value;
[3] Review your policy amounts at each renewal

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge

----- Original Message ----- From: "eastern sierra Adj Services" <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>