[FWDLK] It Runs !

My friends came down early today and we got right down to business--starting
the 58 Plymouth. The engine hadn't run since 1996. Our first attempt a few
weeks ago wasn't successful. This time, we lined up the timing mark at TDC,
set the distributor gear so that it was more or less paralell to the length
of the car and verified that the rotor was pointing to cylinder #1. After
cranking a few times to draw gas up into the carb, followed by a few squirts
of starter fluid, it caught and stumbled to life !  A little refinement of
the distributor to retard the timing and we were in business. The car not
only starts immediately but idles strongly as well ! Yay !!

Now, onto the brakes...

Ron