[FWDLK] Window Metal Piece?

Hi Everyone in Forward Land!

My 1957 Plymouth Savoy 2 Door Hardtop is in the shop! The front clip is off, again! The doors, front windshield, rear glass, and passenger rocker are off. The Dash is next in line!  I removed the headliner which is in good shape. Thanks for the windshield being out the plastic middle pieces came out without any mishaps.

O.K. to the question at hand. I removed the driver's side window weather strip and found this. In between the intersection of the front window and the rear driver's window (the small gap that separates the front window from the back) there was a small metal piece that resembles an upside down U with a screw in the middle to hold it up.  When I went to the passenger side I didn't find this bracket at all.  Is the bracket for one side on only? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Thanks in advance!

Joey in Texas!

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.