Re: [FWDLK] 1957 PLYMOUTH BELVEDERE MOTOR ID

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 PLYMOUTH BELVEDERE MOTOR ID

You have a Canadian engine - the "C' at the end - so it is not a 301.
Canadian A block polys were 277, 303, 313 and 318.

To decode your engine number,  KV-33366C :
K - 1957 model year
V - V8 engine (the 6 was just "K")
33366 - 32,366nd engine built
C - Canadian plant

The "K" and "KV" prefixes were used on Canadian-built Plymouths (Plaza,
Savoy, Belvedere) and Dodges (Crusader, Regent and Mayfair).  Thus the
engine is a 303.  Early production units apparently had prefizes P30-
(Plymouth 6), P31- (Plymouth V8), D64- (Dodge 6) and D65- (Dodge V8).

Bill
Vancouver, BC