Re: [FWDLK] Dome Light Dilema

Here's another thing to look at. I think your dome light is powered 24/7. That is all the time, and it comes on when the power goes thru the bulb and down to the post switch, and with the door open, thru the switch to ground. If this is correct, then you have a short to ground between the bulb and the post switch. Take the dome light out and see if any of the wires or the fixture itself could be shorting to the roof. It could be in the light housing or socket itself. The wire goes from the light across the roof, down the post and maybe along the edge of the door sill to the front kick panel and then up to the switch. If the light seems OK, ten start looking along the wires. A voltmeter would be a help here. If you have voltage at the light and not at the switch wire, then it's already gone to ground before getting to the switch.
And don't forget that while you are trying things, to keep the door shut or disconnect the switch.

Good luck, Ray