Re: [FWDLK] Hand Brake Warning Light

In a message dated 9/3/2005 11:06:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, kingtutv10@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I have been reading of the dilemma of the light bulb for the hand brake warning.

Thinking along the lines of modern replacements for older lamps:

I'm fascinated by the "LED" type of lamp that is beginning to appear on various products.  They are becoming so common that you can get flashlights with them installed, and I even have some replacements for 1157 type of bulbs, although those are red.  Something like just ONE light unit would be abundantly bright and cool for the brake indicator light.

Does anyone have any information as to what type of voltage requirements they have?  I note that they are "Light-Emitting- Diodes", and that they are usually mounted in some kind of circuit board, but wonder what the individual lamp requires for power.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Savard