From: Scavengers58@xxxxxx [mailto:Scavengers58@xxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 1:49 PM
Subject: RE: Harvey & the Hurricane

I'm here in Houston Texas at a Motel 6.  A neighbor that remained for
the storm informed me that no flooding of our area occurred.  We were
very fortunate.  Large trees down on my property, and some roof damage.
Minor compared to the poor unfortunate people living in New Orleans east
of the river and north of the river.  I'm here with my Mom.  The people
here have been really wonderful.  We haven't had to ask for any
assistance.  Everything was offered to us! We have been blessed!  Please
let Dave and Julie and Your Family....and anyone else who knows me know
that I'm fine.  We brought our dogs with us.  Angel and GG.  The
cat....Roger was left in my house with only 2 bowls of food and 2 bowls
of water... Same with the chickens.  I did get a neighbor to see about
feeding the chickens...but they would have to break into the house for
the cat... I don't think that would be a good thing right now with
security at a minimum.  We may be returning tomorrow to asses the
damage, clean out the refrigerators...etc.  We may stay a while but,
probably will be returning to Houston for a while.  I was offered work
for the same company I worked for in New Orleans...so that's Great.

Tell everyone Thanks for the prayers and concern....And Thank You!  Your
Friend, George.