Re: [FWDLK] Unleaded gas for leaded cars

Re: [FWDLK] Unleaded gas for leaded cars

All the reading I have done, in addition to running my old cars on unleaded for the past few years, leads me to believe that valve recession is not a problem.  The lead was put into the gasoline to improve burning characteristics, for knock resistance, not for valve lubrication.  None of the authors of the articles I have read had ever seen a valve problem attributed to non-leaded gas.  Wish I could find some of them, they are in some boxes of magazines I intend to sort and store some day.  Right.

Bill Huff