Re: [FWDLK] Unleaded gas for leaded cars

What supports what you are saying is that Amoco White gas (premium grade from years past) did not have lead and the cars did not have problems.  Tom

From: William Huff [mailto:wbh@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 6:17 AM
To: Tom Taylor; L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Unleaded gas for leaded cars

All the reading I have done, in addition to running my old cars on unleaded for the past few years, leads me to believe that valve recession is not a problem.  The lead was put into the gasoline to improve burning characteristics, for knock resistance, not for valve lubrication.  None of the authors of the articles I have read had ever seen a valve problem attributed to non-leaded gas.  Wish I could find some of them, they are in some boxes of magazines I intend to sort and store some day.  Right.

Bill Huff