Re: [FWDLK] Emergency Brake Shoes

I ended up getting some shoes from a local place, Dover Brake for $38 and 15 core charge.  They said they would do more, but don't have the cores (someone on the list mentioned that as a problem).  I had e-mailed an order to Hiway Auto Parts, received a full reply with all the particulars, fore I think $28 + 20 core, saying they would contact me to complete the order (payment is all that was missing), but they did not contact me last week.  I may follow-up with them too, as I might get another set for the '58 Coronet (the set I just got is for the '57 Coronet).

Larry (Akron, Ohio)

In a message dated 9/29/2005 2:32:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, esierraadj@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi, Larry; so, how did the brake shoe research, 'come-out'???

Neil Vedder

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Ashbaugh
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Emergency Brake Shoes

Thanks to everyone for their advice on finding the emergency brake shoes for ForwardLook transmissions, and their offers to share what seems to be dwindling supply.  As a couple of you have said, they appear to be available from Hiway Auto Parts (I'm awaiting their reply) and I found some locally at Dover Brakes, near New Philadelphia, Ohio.  I was driving by today from work and called them on the cell.  They said they had a few sets.  I will see tomorrow, as I will be in one of our offices near there.  I will let you all know what I find, and prices.

Larry (Akron, Ohio)