[FWDLK] Stuck Converter ;-(

Hi,

I went to drop the torqueflite out of my '58 dodge this afternoon, and soon realized the splines were somehow stuck inside the torque converter.  I have a '57 325 engine with the air cooled converter, which I mated to the '58 transmission with cooling lines.  I didn't change the converter seal when I installed it, and it hemorraged rather badly when I first started it, and every time thereafter.

So, is there a compatability problem that has caused both the leak and the stuck splines, or is this just my bad luck?   I finally pulled the converter and trans out together, but I still cannot pry the converter out of the bellhousing/off the input shafts.  I thought about unbolting the front pump, but I wasn't planning on rebuilding the trans just yet.

Any suggestions???

(A BFH?)  I figure maybe some blocks between the trans and the bellhousing, but it is stuck pretty bad.

Thx,

-Bob

Msg sent via CWNet - http://www.cwnet.com/