[FWDLK] FW: True Gasoline Octane Ratings

Accidentally sent to the ‘request’ address…

From: Bill/Pat Helm [mailto:modiggers@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 2:52 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: True Gasoline Octane Ratings

Big block engines from the 50's & 60's sometimes required gasoline with octane ratings over 100.  For example, a 1964 T-Bird I once owned with a 390 called for 102 octane premium fuel.  (Yes, I wised up & now have a Mopar!)

Does anyone have REAL comparisons for our old cars to today's octane ratings?

/s/  Bill Helm