[FWDLK] Oil seal for the chain case cover

[FWDLK] Oil seal for the chain case cover

Hi all,

I just removed the chain case cover on my 58 Fireflight 361. From your experience, do I need to replace the oil seal as part of routine maintenance, or is that not usually a problem? If replacement is recommended, how readily available are the seals? The service manual shows a special puller to remove and reinstall it. How have you folks removed and installed them in the past (assuming the parts for the puller are not available)?